Saturday, June 12, 2010

Windows Azure

Recently I've been using Microsoft's cloud computing platform Azure. This platform allows me to create a SQL server in the cloud and reference it from my applications. It does much more, but that is my current use for it.
The neat thing about the cloud is:

  • I only pay for the usage I have
  • It can scale to meet the needs of as many users as I have
  • It can scale to meet sudden spikes and usage and scale back down once done
  • It can block traffic all the way down to the IP address coming in, making it secure enough for me
  • I can use the existing toolset in .NET while using a cloud based technology

I'm excited about Azure and the possibilities it will provide me. Cloud computing is really cool!

References:
Windows Azure. Retrieved June 12, 2010 from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsazure/

No comments:

Post a Comment